Teen Program Schedule
Monday – Friday: 2:00PM – 7:00PM
Every first and third Saturday: 11:00AM -4:00PM
Tutoring schedule: All Subjects Tuesday , Wednesday and Thursday 4:00PM-5:00PM
The music studio hours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4-7pm and every first and third Saturday 12-3pm
April 2015 Programming
* Title Gym Boxing – youth will learn the basic fundamentals of professional boxing during this 8 week program
* Digital Divide Computer Program – youth will repair recycled computers and then donate them to local residents who are in need of computers.
* Video Game – youth will create their own video game and take it home.
*Wood Working 101 – Youth will work together to produce multiple dog houses that will be donated to local animal shelters upon completion of this 8 week course
* Summer Internship – youth ages 15 – 19 will participate in a mandatory 6 week training that upon completion will result in a 10 week paid internship.
About Riviera YEP
The Youth Empowerment Teen Program will provide a positive environment for youth development through open communication, education, culture, philosophy, mentoring, history, and personal enhancement to entice the young minds to become hungry for success!
Why It’s Important
Palm Beach County hired the Florida State University Center for Criminology and Public Poll Research to conduct research regarding youth crime trends among other things, the 2007 FSU study found that:
- .84 percent of violent offenders have an arrest record before the age of 30
- .79 percent of homicide offenders’ have an arrest record before the age of 30
- .The largest and fastest growing age group of homicide offenders is 20-24 years of age.